You have been putting it off for months but the pit in your stomach reminds you that your final year project or that work presentation is due tomorrow, and you are dreading it. There is no way around it, you are going to have to get a huge amount of work done is a short space of time, in order to have it completed on time. The stress levels are going to soar and Stress Management is now crucial.
At times like these you need to know how to relieve stress so that the task ahead can be completed on time with the least amount of stress to our minds and body. Stress is a natural part of life so it is important that we understand and know how to combat it when the needs arise. It may sound strange but the best thing to do, is nothing.Check out our guide below.
How to relieve stress
Choose a quiet place where you won’t be interrupted.
- Before you start, do a few gentle stretching exercises to relieve muscular tension.
- Make yourself comfortable, either sitting or lying down.
- Start to breathe slowly and deeply, in a calm and effortless way.
- Gently tense, then relax, each part of your body, starting with your feet and working your way up to your face and head.
- As you focus on each area, think of warmth, heaviness and relaxation.
- Push any distracting thoughts to the back of your mind; imagine them floating away.
- Don’t try to relax; simply let go of the tension in your muscles and allow them to become relaxed.
- Let your mind go empty. Some people find it helpful to visualise a calm, beautiful place such as a garden or meadow.
- Stay like this for about 20 minutes, then take some deep breaths and open your eyes, but stay sitting or lying for a few moments before you get up. read the full story
How to deal with stress
I find myself that listening to relaxing and natural sounds to be a great way of reducing my stress levels. I try to make time at least a couple of times a week just to sit down close my eyes and listen to nature. It is very soothing.
After listening to the sounds of nature you should hopefully feel much more relaxed and a lot less stressed.Of course there are many different ways to deal with stress and this is just one.
So the next time you are looking for quick ways to relieve stress, then come back to this page or try and find some relaxing music, or better still if you can go to a park and just sit somewhere quiet and listen to the sounds of nature. You will also have the benefit of getting some fresh air.
If you want more help on how to relieve stress then click on the link below